Monday, January 14, 2013

These Hard Times

I have had lots of bad news today and it's really bringing me down.. and making me feel lousy that I'm so sad over so little.



I know I have said before, but I will again, my hub is The Best Thing. I wouldn't even trade him for the promise healthy child. I know that not all people are as lucky as I, and there was an example of that in the BLM world today. A fellow TFMR mom is going through an awful time. Her husband walked out, which really is bad enough, but he walked out because her 15 year old daughter is having a crisis (she is relativity newly adopted). On top of that, they have a 7 year-old... and one more on the way any day now. How could someone walk out on their 9 months pregnant wife, and 2 kids, one of whom is in crisis? I know there are a lot of pitfalls in older-child adoption (Hub and I have been reading up), I can't imagine the decision to adopt is ever taken lightly. I know this family put a lot of thought into adoption, and it makes me so sad (and scared) that it can all fall apart.



To help myself forget this awfulness, I went onto the Debate chat board, and came face-to-face with blatant ignorance. There was some horrible YouTube video about how the Sandy Hook tragedy didn't actually happen, that it was made up by Obama to pass gun control.





To help myself forget that awfulness, I went onto the Debate chat board, and came face-to-face with blatant, willful ignorance. There was some horrible YouTube video about how the Sandy Hook tragedy didn't actually happen, that it was made up by Obama to pass gun control. The parents of the children were all actors. People were debating the family photos released and how the dead kids were Photoshoped in (not everyone, but enough that I was disgusted). I was so angry at this disrespect I couldn’t say anything at all. To those poor children, the bereaved families, the traumatized survivors- on behalf of the conspiracy morons- I apologize for their ignorance.


(Some stuff went here that I decided to delete)


And 4 people in my office have the flu- 2 of whom I was locked in a small office with on Friday. I just need to say well until after my appointment on Thursday.



We may loose our focus
There's just too many words
We're never meant to learn
And we don't feel so alive

So goodbye, these days are gone
And we can't keep holding on
When all we need is some relief
Through these hard times
Through these hard times
Matchbox 20, These Hard Times 

No comments:

Post a Comment