Saturday, November 23, 2013

I'm So Excited

So, we had our baby shower on Sunday. I hardly freaked out at all when we were there. I did however, freak out after.

We're having a baby... in 6 weeks. I. HAVE. SO. MUCH. TO. DO.

First the shower: It was lovely.

I am very lucky and have wonderful friends and family. They apparently aren't that awesome at RSVPing, because there were more people there than were planned for, but it was all fine in the end.

There was a duck theme, because I love ducks, and they really are an excellent neutral-baby item. The cake was made by the 19 year-old neighbor of a friend of mine. Seriously, it was awesome:

 

It was held in a local bar/restaurant/function space and my mom and friends did an awesome job setting up:




One of my best out of town college friends was about to make it all the way from Pennsylvania, which meant all but one of the "BU Girls" were together again- first time since my wedding! (And come to think of it, the same girl was missing then too.. Ashley- when I was getting married it was her first week of Law School and now she is a lawyer in LA)


We got so much stuff, nearly everything off our registry and a whole basket of books! The opening of everything took forever and was a little overwhelming.



My BFF from highschool's dad is a carpenter and likes to make projects. He made us this scrabble board and our guests placed blocks into baby-themed words it was adorable.




Here are a few random shots of the day:

This says "I'm adorable" so hub thought it was for him


As you can see, it was great.

I did come home and lose it. I have so much to do. So much. I just don't know how we're going to be prepared for this little one. I already feel like I am doing him or her such a disservice. We are still renovating, and our energy (really hub's energy, I have no energy) has gone to that. This is the baby's room as of right now.




I am too afraid to do laundry for the baby, to buy decor and really settle into the thought that I am going to be a mom. I KNOW I have to come to terms with it, but I'm just not there. And I need to get there.. within the next 6 weeks.

I'm so excited
I'm so scared. 
Jessie Spano.. and you thought it was going to be "and I just can't hide it"


3 comments:

  1. You look great! Don't worry about the baby's room...he or she won't even go in there except for diaper changes for at least a few weeks if not months! Remember that everything that HAS to get done, gets done (somehow). {{}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. That was supposed to be a hug at the end, not a vagina.

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHA this was great! I had such a laugh. Thanks for the hug though, seriously. It's getting close and starting to feel like this quest for parenthood was insane.

      Delete