Saturday, January 4, 2014

Overdue

I am overdue.

But by how many days? 1, or 584.

584.

That's the number of days between Blue Sunday's EDD and today. I should have/ would have/ could have been a mom for 584 days now.

Instead, here I sit, childless on the two year anniversary of losing Blue Sunday.

I had hoped  I would have Blue Sunday's little on this day, the circle of life and all that. Another part of me feared that scenario, I want Blue Sunday to to have his or her own day.

Anyway, like so many things in life, I don't have the choice.

So here I am, still pregnant, still waiting, still childless, still mourning.

I'll keep holding on, I'll keep holding on
I'll keep holding on, I'll keep holding on
Holding, holding, holding, yeah
I say, it's all I have today
It's all I have to say

Holding Back the Years, Simply Red

No comments:

Post a Comment