Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Give the Ballot to the Mothers

It's finally here, election day in America 2016.

Just under 100 years after women secured the right to vote, a woman can be noted for as a major party candidate for president. In honor of the suffragists, We Wear White, my little girl and me. I might have gotten emotional. 




Mother, wife and daughter, 
Let it shelter and defend. 
"Equal Rights" our motto is, 
We're loyal to the end. 
Giving the ballot to the mothers.

http://www.folkways.si.edu/elizabeth-knight/give-the-ballot-to-the-mothers/historical-song-struggle-protest/music/track/smithsonian

1 comment:

  1. I got a little teary eyed yesterday as well during the day. And of course today I can barely keep myself together at work. We will have a woman president some day (hopefully soon!)....just not the 45th. :-(

    ReplyDelete