Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If Karma Were Currency

If Karma Were Currency I'd Be Rich.  

I previously mentioned that my favorite co-worker just had his second son, well today is his first day back to work. From the interaction I just had, I should have some serious funds built up in my (clearly imaginary) Buddha shaped karma bank.
 

 (This where my karma is kept - and spent from - in case you're wondering)








Let me explain. All I wanted to do was make like an ostrich and hide myself away until he had been back to work long enough that his baby isn't the only thing he and everyone else wants to talk about. Of course, I can't do that. So I sucked it up, went over and asked about the baby. 45 minutes later, complete with slideshow, I'm back here at my desk weepy, emotionally spent and longing for Blue Sunday more than usual.

The past is gone but something might be found
To take its place... Hey jealousy
The Gin Blossoms, Hey Jealousy

What exactly, Gin Blossoms, will take the place of Blue Sunday? What will fill this hole, ease this hurt and make me sweet rather than bitter? Because I can think of Nothing At All.

No comments:

Post a Comment