Monday, July 30, 2012

Forget you, Olympics oo oo ooo

I am a huge fan of the Olympics, especially the summer version. I had visions of watching these Games over the last few days of my maternity leave (today would have been my first day back to work, assuming Blue Sunday came the weekend of his or her  EDD). I would have been whispering in the ear of a baby "mommy used to swim, may be you'll do that, too", "Aren't the hats the water polo players wear funny, would you like to try that some day, mom did it!", "Daddy used to wrestle, may be you could be just like him". Of course there is no baby. I am not "mommy" and hub isn't "daddy". We're just us. Babylost and alone.

I don't watch much TV and what I do watch tends to be On Demand ABC family shows (Bunheads!) or real life crime (The First 48 or anything on ID). This is how I avoided the vast majority of the "Salute to Moms" ad campaign by P&G. I saw a few of these on line while watching interviews with the athletes in the lead-up to the games, but they were few and far between and  easily ignored. Now that the Games have begun, I can't get away from them, and it is only day 3. There is one in particular that I need to become more adept at turning off. It is embedded below for those stronger than me, for the rest of us, a synopsis: It shows little kids about to perform Olympic events, surrounded by the media of the Games. Then a mother taking a nervous breath in while sitting in the stands. Then the text, "To their moms, they'll always be kids"






You know what I have to say to that? Cue Cee-lo

Ha, now aint that some shit? 
Aint that some shit? 
And although there's pain in my chest
I still wish you the best with a...
F*)^ you!
Oo, oo, ooo
Cee-Lo Green, F*&^ You

No comments:

Post a Comment