Monday, December 9, 2013

36 Weeks: Pregnancy Meme

Bi-weekly Update:

How far along: 36 Weeks, 3 days. Just Keep Swimming....

Baby is the size of a: head of romaine lettuce. A HARD, jointed head of romaine lettuce. My belly is really uncomfortable, it appears baby has no where to go but out. I'm getting pointy.
 
Total weight gain: Apparently I gained 5 pounds last week? 23 from nadir, 17 from start of pregnancy. I think this might go down tomorrow after I chug some prune juice today.
ETA- appears to have been a fluke up 1 pound since last check in (so down 4 from Monday) 19 from nadir, 13 total.

Maternity clothes:  Yeah.. I am getting a bit of a breeze under some of my maternity shirts. Giant baby.

Stretch marks: None yet, knock on wood.

Sleep: I feel like  the Barenaked Ladies are singing their song "Who Needs Sleep" to me:
Who needs sleep? Well you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep? Tell me what's that for?
Who needs sleep? Be happy with what you're getting there's a guy been awak since the second world-war


Best moment since last update: I did baby's laundry! Getting closer to a real baby...

Miss anything: Comfort. I really miss just sitting still. As soon as I relax, my legs get restless. Also, I miss eating full meals. Whenever I do, I get horrible heartburn and reflux.
(NOTE from the great re-post re-read (10/30/14) HAHAHAHAHAHA I missed sitting still THEN)

Movement: Yes! It can hurt sometimes, but I really love it. It is one of the few things about pregnancy I really do feel lucky I get to experience (aside from my own genetic child, that goes without saying)

Food cravings: Not really.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I was really sick after a SALAD the other day... a salad. I just can't be full, that's the biggest sick trigger.

Have you started to show yet: Hugely, I am told you can't tell I'm pregnant from behind though. I wore my old pre-pregnancy pants with a belly band yesterday (I did baby's laundry but not my own). They still fit in thighs and bum :)

Sex: 4 weeks to go (give or take) for the big reveal!!!!! And then.. sexy time with hubby :)

Labor signs: I don't think so.

Belly button in or out: Still in, but gross. I wish it would pop.. right now it is just a long crank-mouth looking thing- like this \ only rotated 90 degrees.

Wedding rings on or off: On, no swelling at all, knock on wood.
 
Happy or moody most of the time: Stressed. Really stressed.

Looking forward to: 7 more work days and then leave starts. Also, HAVING A BABY! Holy crap.




Thought this was funny. See that black spot? It's a poppy seed- aka how big take two was when I found out I was expecting. Big change, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment