Saturday, December 28, 2013

39 Weeks 2 Days: Anniversary of Day of Waiting

I am now 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I am feeling the start of cramps/ contractions and just plain not feeling well. I'm uncomfortable, impatient and rushed. There is still so, so much to do.

That said, I can't believe the difference between today and 2 years ago today.

Today, I cleaned the house (again) my mom's best friend and my parents came over to help. The place is the closest to spotless that will ever happen in the middle of the construction (currently on hold).
Then, the house was gross. The Christmas fallout was all over the place, the trash was overflowing. I was on strict couch rest 1 day post amnio. I was scared and miserable. I knew in my heart Blue Sunday was unhealthy.

Today, I have a John Grisham book sitting on my bedside table, barely opened. I just don't have the time to dive in.
Then. I was already on the second Hunger Games book since Christmas. I needed the distraction.

Today, I wait in eager anticipation of baby news- girl or boy? What day? How will labor go?
Then, I wait in abject fear- T18? T13? Some structural problem?

Both days though, I am cramp-y and cold.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I don't think I will ever get over the fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a contrast... It is strange how the timing lines up like that, exactly 2 years later and you are pregnant both times, and waiting... I am so glad that your baby is almost here, holding him/ her will be the best moment. Come to think of it, last year at this time I was also waiting for baby, due on January 5th. I was scared but excited. He came at 40 weeks 1 day. Holding your little rainbow in your arms and hearing him/her cry ("I'm here! I'm alive!") will be so sweet, I am looking forward to hearing your happy news!

    ReplyDelete