Friday, October 23, 2015

You and I Again: The Child I Have

Kins is the best kid in the world (sorry other moms).

He is playful, he is sweet, he is curious, and he is mine.

He is Trouble, he is joy. He is sensitive and he is kind.

He makes my world full. He shows me all I lost. He shows me what I dream to have one day.

That a lot of burden for a little guy and he carries it gracefully.

I had a cry just now, he heard from the other room and stopped what he was doing:

Mama?

He runs in, still in his monster-feet PJs. And again:

Mama?

I tell him:

Mama is feeling sad, and he runs over and lays his head on my lap.

He says little, but understands so much.




And so although I know we are only small
In the time we have here
This time we have it all
You and I again
This time, this time

James Taylor, You and I Again
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jamestaylor/youandiagain.html

No comments:

Post a Comment