Thursday, October 1, 2015

IVF #2 The End

Though IVF #1 still may have be successful, (looking at you Suyra-Scott) IVF #2 is definitively a bust.

No embryos made it to biopsy.

I am sad, but not in the least bit surprised.

I had a chat with hub and we decided to give it one more try. To be honest, he decided to give it one more try and I consented to that. I feel ready to close the door. I'd like to transfer Surya-Scott before the end of the year and have a new-start in 2016. That may be with donor egg, donor embryo or adoption. Or a pregnancy, may be.

Hub isn't really keen on this either, but he feels that we're giving up before it's over if we don't try one last time. This cycle cost us very little money, since there was nothing to biopsy it was less than a $500 cycle (don't hate me!) I will be doing a patch protocol, which I have yet to look up. The doc made it sound like it's good for people who get over-suppressed from BCPs (MEEEEE). It is a bit of a slow protocol, but I was slow anyway.

If insurance can be rushed along and approve in just under 3 weeks, I can start the patches on CD 21, which is October 20th  and then injections on day 2 of my next cycle, which should be just before the end of this month. That would set us for a retrieval some time mid-November and hopefully a transfer in December.

The best laid plans, right?

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I continue to offer my hopes and prayers for you and your family to continue growing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Fingers crossed that "third time's a charm."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. It does take some negotiation to know when you are ready to stop or keep going as a couple. Seems you both have that well sorted out. I wish you luck for the next cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. :( It is a blessing that insurance covers so much. But, it's not like that takes away the pain of it not working. :( I hope the third time is a charm for you! If you're like me you like to have lots of back up plans... have you ever considered embryo adoption?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry it's been a bust this time around. Wishing you the best for deciding your future plan of action and that it results in your happy ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry it didn't work this time. I hope that the next round goes better!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete