Thursday, November 12, 2015

IVF #3- The End

Nothing fertilized.

I'm calling tomorrow about the schedule for transferring Surya-Scott and then... moving on. 

The Dr called me himself and suggested that next time we do icsi (where they directly put the sperm into the egg) but honestly, we've fertilized 7 eggs and only have had 1 make it to day 5. I'm not convinced it will work. (work defined as getting a pregnancy).

Grand Total:

3 IVFs, 19 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 7 made it to day 3, 1 made it to day 5. 

Sometime in December I think we'll see if any lead to pregnancy. 

Not going to lie, my instinct it no. 

We actively looking at egg banks and dipping our toes in the adoption waters. 

I am heartbroken. I know there are larger tragedies in the world (hell, that I have this blog is the result of one of them) but I so crushed.


6 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so sorry. :( This is so awful. I'm so sorry. You must be so crushed. I will be thinking about and praying for you. Sigh. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm a big believer that even though there are "larger tragedies" that doesn't affect how awful it is to go through this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* hoping with all my heart your Dec transfer takes. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry too. I was hoping for a better result this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so sorry. I was so hopeful for you. Praying Surya-Scott is THE one.

    ReplyDelete