Wednesday, April 20, 2016

17w5d- Not amnio day this time


Baby looks good!

I won't make you deal with the stress I did. There were some comments that had me feeling worried- though this is the trigger to the PTSD I have been diagnosed (twice) with (though I don't buy that label). 

"Hmm was your son a big baby" no. 

"Big belly there!" lol.. or wait, is that bad? kidney issue, bladder issue?

"Are you sure your 17w4d" yes, oh yes. 

We spent about 45 minutes of the 1.5 hour scan trying to get a good view of the heart, and when the u/s tech left she asked me to keep the gel on because the MD will want to take a look. 

eeeeeekkkkkk

After a long wait, and a lot of stressing, she (not Next Tuesday) came in and said baby looks good.. but we need to come back in a month to take a look at the heart. She reassured us that although everything looks fine, the baby is still so small she can't in good faith give an all clear. This seems reasonable to be. 

We go back May 17th, exactly a month from yesterday. I'll get an extra peak at the baby, and will be 21.5 weeks!

I can't quite believe it. 

So, this was the day of pregnancy with Blue Sunday that I was getting an amnio. This time, I am still guessing, girl or boy??




5 comments:

  1. Looking good! So glad everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll throw my hat in the ring and say boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I had to go back for a second Level II ultrasound a few weeks ago because the MFM couldn't get good images of the baby's heart the first time. Like you, nothing was jumping out as bad but just to make sure. Sure enough, everything looks good!

    ReplyDelete