Monday, October 15, 2012

International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Why are there days created to force me into dwelling on my loss? I am 5DPO and was trying to be positive. Seeing the dozens of friends in my FB feed posting this:

Or this:

There are others, but you get the picture (a pun!). I wish I knew how to do one of those link-up things, I'd love to see what my readers are blogging about today. This is what I posted on my Facebook, modified with names of my loss friends, both IRL and on-line:

Today is International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day. 1 in 4 women experience a pregnancy loss, there is a growing acknowledgement of these women (finally) but please take a moment for the men, who also lost their child and have to pick up the pieces of their partner in the aftermath of loss. I don’t know how I would have survived without Chris. He has been my center, as well as the love of my life and my best friend.
In special memory today of Mrs. Wonderful, Jess, Cass, Eliana, Rachel, Katie, Lauren, Rachael, Sara, Sarah, Sheri, Amy, Allison, Amanda, CDG, biojen, my own mom, my mother-in-law and my other friends and loved ones who I've failed to mention (so sorry!) or who have never shared their loss with me.
To those of you with living children, cherish them for me: for those of you struggling to get your rainbow babies (be it your only child or not), I wish that by NEXT October 15 you have a baby of your very own: to those of you who have ended your quest for child without one- my heart as always goes out to you, and I wish that you find peace on that road.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven

Eric Clapton, Tears in Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment