Monday, September 30, 2013

26 weeks: Pregnacy Meme

Bi-weekly Update:

How far along: 26 Weeks, 3 days
Baby is the size of an:  A head of lettuce

Total weight gain: Up 7 and breaking even with my original weight!
 
Maternity clothes: You know it.
Stretch marks: None yet.. hoping to stay that way
 
Sleep: Hard to get to sleep. I'm sore and restless
 
Best moment since last update: Less than 100 days to go.. crazy!
Miss anything: Just the usual
 
Movement: Yep, a lot. Now I'm starting to get nervous if I DON'T feel movemnet.. if it's not one thing, it's the other.
 
Food cravings: No cravings. Sometimes I'm hungry, other times not so much. I still am throwing up occasionally. 
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, but it's random.
 
Have you started to show yet: Yes
 
Sex: Not finding out about baby, trying to re-kindle a sex life of my very own.

Labor signs: Not until at least 37 weeks please.
 
Belly button in or out: Still weird but in. It's getting out of shape.. I don't like it

Wedding rings on or off: Off today.. but it's because I forgot to put them back on after house work yesterday. By house work, I mean painting, pulling out plaster and lathe and pulling out 1000s of nails.. not laundry and dishes. More in a later post
 
Happy or moody most of the time: Emotional. Happy, scared, tired, crying, mostly overwhelmed. I have no living room, no entryway, no hall ways (up or down) and no stairway walls. STRESSFUL
 
Looking forward to: Getting to the point that we would unquestionably use available medical intervention if the baby was born. 2 weeks to go!!!!!!!! It looks like healthy survival rates are about equal between 26 and 28 weeks (28 and 30 weeks from LMP, which is how  measure it.. so by this graphic I'm 24 weeks). Before then, we would determine interventions based on brain, lung, intestinal function etc.

http://www.babymed.com/sites/default/files/u160962/preterm-survival-rates_0.jpg

Weeks Survival Long Term
Neurodevelopmental
Impairment
  <23 <5% 70%   24 30% 55%   25 60% 40%   26 85% 20+%   27 90% 20+%   28 >90% <20% - See more at: http://www.babymed.com/blogs/dramos/preterm-birth-survival-and-disability-data#sthash.44LRI8qC.dpuf

1 comment: