Wednesday, October 16, 2013

28 Weeks: Pregnancy Meme

Bi-weekly Update:

How far along: 28 Weeks, 5 days: I know I'm late.. I was waiting on our growth scan- which was yesterday :)

Baby is the size of an: Eggplant per the baby sites, but as of yesterday baby was 2lbs 14oz... big and measuring ahead! 2.91lbs is the average for 30 weeks!
Total weight gain: Up 11, that's 4 pounds in 2.5 weeks. Yikes. Be careful what you wish for.
 
Maternity clothes: You know it. 
Stretch marks: None yet.. hoping to stay that way
 
Sleep: Harder to get to and stay asleep. I'm sore and restless
 
Best moment since last update: Seeing baby on the scan- all looking good :)
Miss anything: Sleep
 
Movement: Yep, a lot. I get nervous when I don't feel baby now.
Food cravings: No cravings. Sometimes I'm hungry, other times not so much. I still am throwing up occasionally. This will never change I think.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, but it's random.
 
Have you started to show yet: Yes
 
Sex: I almost asked yesterday, happy I didn't.. now hub would be mad if we found out. Trying to decide how we want to be told- by the midwife? Will hub peak and tell me? Should I look and tell him? Look together? EXCITING

Labor signs: No, but I have hub on the "you better answer your phone in case I'm in labor" leash.
 
Belly button in or out: Still in, but shallow and stretched.

Wedding rings on or off: On, no swelling at all, knock on wood.
 
Happy or moody most of the time: Most of the time I'm just emotional.. I cry at everything.
 
Looking forward to: My shower? I'll be 33 weeks and a few days then. I've hit the end of the micro preemie fears. Next goal is now 32 weeks when the baby would no longer be "very premature".

Per this graphic from the BJM paper "Prediction of survival for preterm births by weight and gestational age: retrospective population based study" with my 1304gram 29(ish) week baby, we're looking at a 90% survival rate, at 32 weeks, even if baby doesn't gain an ounce (in theory) survival is at 99%. CRAZY.

http://www.bmj.com/content/319/7217/1093


No comments:

Post a Comment