Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ultimate Cycle Recap: Storm Warning

I'm not pregnant. We are moving on to IVF. 

That out of the way...

On Thursday of last week, the last time I posted, I thought the test I took in the morning was negative.  came home from work and began packing for a short canoeing/camping/kayaking trip  with friends and without baby. I went to pack a pregnancy test and saw the one I took that morning, faintly positive, much to my surprise. 

I gave it a good try- not getting excited, not telling hub, not getting my hopes up- but failed spectacularly. I called hub, cried and swore off beer for my trip. 

I was overjoyed. 

We tried to be cautious. We reminded each other that this was very faint, very early. I took a test in the afternoon, again, faintly positive.

The next morning I took 2 more tests FRER and my standard internet cheap tests. Peed and then went and laid down. Hub checked them- negative he said. I looked and could see a faint line- slightly darker than the day before on the cheap test. Nothing on FRER. I was concerned, and knew that this wasn’t going to happen this cycle, but I put on a happy face.

The next morning- 11DPO now- I took a test in a porta-potty beside a beautiful river way up in the woods.

Starkly negative.

No question about it. Negative.

So there lies the Ultimate Cycle.

Chemical pregnancy.


The universe is an asshole.  

Hub and I 


I'm gonna wish I had a storm warnin'
I'm gonna wish I had a sign
I'm gonna wish I had a little heads up
A little leeway, a little more time
Hunter Hayes, Storm Warning

3 comments:

  1. Gah!!! I'm so sorry. Huge hugs. Here's hoping and praying IVF gets you your BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally an asshole. I'm sorry. So many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Chemical pregnancies are the biggest mind f**k. I hope that your next cycle, IVF or not, is the one for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete