Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I'm Not a Princess.. or a Duchess


My first reaction: ouch. Now I am in for several months (7, 8?) of pregnant princess news, only to be given  relief form pregnancy talk by way of royal baby news- For ever. . My second reaction: It is so early for an announcement- anything could happen. Poor Kate.
I try to hang on to reaction 2. How awful it must feel to be thrown into the spotlight when you feel awful and when you KNOW it is dangerously early in a pregnancy.  I have said I would never want to be in her position. Even if they are more in love than even hub and me (IMPOSSIBLE!) I would just have to say thanks, but no thanks. She can't hold a job or be seen with a hair out of place and she is viewed as a Royal Uterus to many.
Of course there is another part of my reaction- which is ever-present. Jealously Intense, raging jealously. HG? fine. Intense media scrutiny? Bring it on.  Terribly early announcement? I'll make announcement cards. I'd take it all to have a baby hanging out in my ute right now. Anything. 

I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale
I'm not the you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up a stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town 
I was a dreamer before you and you let me down
Taylor Swift, White Horse

P.S. This:
http://surisburnbook.tumblr.com/post/37117477697/i-dont-want-to-talk-about-it-i-just-want-to-cry

No comments:

Post a Comment