Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Home Again


8/27/13
From the back of a streetcar in San Francisco
I have been away.

This time not just from blogging, but from computers, cell phones, work and Boston entirely. Hub and I spent a week enjoying our (hopefully!) last solo vacation for a long while.

We went to San Francisco/ Oakland to take in 2 more ball parks (and games to go with them), see a good friend of mine (an old co-worker)and enjoy each other before life goes crazy.

There was some hard moments. The last time, and the only time, I was in California was when I found out I was pregnant with Blue Sunday. On the plane over the Rockies I thought of him (or her, I still haven't found out), as I did that first day I realized I was expecting. I imagined what life would have been like had the chromosomes done things correctly. It is unimaginable though. How do you imagine having a 14 month old when you're childless?

It was hard again walking in the gates of  O.co field- home to the Oakland A's. The last time I went into a ballpark other than Fenway, my home plate so to speak- was also that trip to California, when I saw the Dodgers play in a stadium much like the one in Oakland.

There was really good things, too. Hub and I are now 1 field away from 1/2 through the majors. We've decided that the ONLY place this monumental event can happen is Wrigley- home of the Cubs. So that's the plan for 2015- Take Two in tow, hopefully.

We ate wonderful food (and lost 0.02 pounds...), walked about 100 miles (exaggeration font), saw sea lions, boated under the golden gate, drove and walked over it, took a picture of the Full House houses, and explored the crazy hills of San Francisco.

Also, I have popped. I got a few comments from strangers (!) and when I came back to work people mentioned it as well. Hub and I were laying in bed- at like 8pm.. which in my defense is 11pm at home- and he could feel Take Two having his/her nightly dance party.

As they would say in San Fran- Shit's getting hella real.


A's before the game



Me getting giant on the Giants park tour

I left my heart in San Francisco
High on a hill, it calls to me
To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars
The morning fog may chill the air, I don't care
Tony Bennett,  I Left My Heart in San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment