Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 16 Update

Bi-monthly update:  

How far along: 16 weeks and one day. 

Baby is the size of an: Avocado, according to the baby books. Haven't seen Take Two in a while, so can't give a real life example.
 
Total weight gain: None. I'd lost 7 pounds in the first trimester. And was holding steady for 5 weeks or so. This week I've lost another pound. Not sure what's going on with that.
 
Maternity clothes: In pants, yes. Maternity tops are very much on the horizon. My slimmer-fitting work shirts are getting snug around the middle.

Stretch marks: Not yet, I assume they are coming, since I am NOT following the slow and steady gain guideline. 
 
Sleep: Sleeping well until last night when I was really sick. I am thinking food didn't sit well more than usually pregnancy sickness. 
 
Best moment of this week: Hitting 18 weeks! I had this in my head as a milestone I could be less awkward about my rapidly growing middle.
 
Miss anything: Beer, wine, liqueur.... and feeling normal. I just feel very unlike myself. Migraines, tailbone pain, food intolerance.
 
Movement: I think I've felt Take Two a time or two. Once at the wedding, a few times driving to and from work. I think when I am quite and in tune with my body I can pick up on baby.
 
Food cravings: Still hate food 90% of the time. 
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: toothpaste, meat, cola, riding in the car.....
 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, picture below
 
Sex: Feeling GIRL and have gotten a few guesses (one from a dad of 4) that the baby will be a girl Really, I'm excited either way, but whenever I'm thinking of one sex or the other I get excited. In imagining a little girl I find myself excited at the thought of sharing some of my favorite (female type) books Little Women, Jane Eyre.

Labor signs: Not until at least 37 weeks please.
 
Belly button in or out: Getting more shallow, also, painful on the top. What's up with that?
 
Wedding rings on or off: On, I really hope they remain so.
 
Happy or moody most of the time: Haha last time here I wrote I was getting last nervous. That was crazy talk. I remain insanely nervous.  

Best moment since last update: Yesterday was hub's unit summer get-together. It was fun to see people and have them congratulate me, though I made it pretty clear I am still not all in on this pregnancy. Waiting for that scan.Also, I held a baby... he is 4 months old. I remain afraid of babies. HOW are they SO SMALL???
 
Looking forward to: Anatomy scan on the 12th of August. Getting close now...



No comments:

Post a Comment