Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Girl

4/17/12
DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a BFP post.

I feel like I am SUCH a downer in this blog. I guess it is to be expected, but I am not like that in real life, not all the time. The first few weeks may be, the terrible time between getting the odds and terminating, assuredly so: but day in, day out I am a happy person. Here are some wonderful things in my life:

  • I just completed a BIG project at work. It was a blessing (keeping me busy) and a curse (keeping me busy) but it is wrapping up as the days are lengthening and warming. Back to my usual 9-5 just in time. 
  • I have wonderful friends, in real life, through the military chat board, in the "sad baby chat board" and through the baby loss blogs. I went to a cookout last night with hub, my ex-BF (from 12 years ago who no longer "plays for my team" as they say), a guy I've known since before hub  (13 years? eeekk)  and his wife. The best part is that they are "really" hub's friends. We have all known each other so long the lines have blurred and we're just friends.  Over the weekend I hung out with two ladies I have known since we were in kinder-garden 24 years ago. I have daily conversation with Mrs. Wonderful (who is in her first 2WW post loss, wishing her nothing but good luck!). The ladies on "sad baby chat board" really keep me sane. What more could anyone ask for?
  • I found an awesome all 90's station on iTunes. yes, that makes the list. I just listened to Genie in a Bottle, Smells Like Teen Spirit and Wannabe. You're jeleous. 
  • The sun is out, the trees are blooming, it is IN THE 80s. I know it won't last, but for now dresses and sandals are work-wear. That makes me smile. 
  • My hub loves me. Simple, pure love. Not enough people can really say that. 
  • My parents would do anything for us, and have. What a gift.
  • I'm a year from my Master's degree. I have yet to take a dime in student loans for it (Undergrad is a WHOLE 'nother story)
All this added to the typical things- I'm healthy, relatively young, reasonably attractive and have just enough that I'm comfortable and not so much that I can be stagnant. Though I will be heartbroken if I don't ever have kids, I'll be okay. I can live this life with that missing and still find it worth living.

Also I am in the 2WW and hopeful, though it is only 3-4 DPO and I wouldn't know anything either way.

Leaving off with two perfect songs today:
Oh watch me go 
I'm a happy girl
Everybody knows that the sweetest thing you'll ever see
In the whole wide world is a happy girl

Laugh when I feel like it
Cry when I feel like it
That's just how my life is
That's how it goes
Martina McBride, Happy Girl

When you're troubled and you can't sleep, 
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
and you'll fall asleep
counting your blessing
Bing Crosby, Blessings (From White Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment