Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nerves

5/24/12
I just called my OB and got her (usually rather rude but okay today) receptionist. After a 10 minute wait to tell her what was going on, I gave the 1 minute version of my life in the past 5 months-

"Hi I'm Lizzy. I have a question for the doctor and am hoping you can pass it on to the doctor?" She confirms and I continue "I terminated back in January for a chromosomal disorder. I've been trying to get pregnant again for 4 cycles and haven't succeeded yet.  I've had 5 cycles since terminating and am tracking ovulation. The time between ovulation and starting my period is really short. This month was only 9 days. I looked on the internet, not the best source of info I know, and it seems like that is a bad thing. I hoped to ask the doctor if this is a problem."

In all that, I I think it is funny that I felt obligated to add "for a chromosomal abnormality" to "I terminated back in January". This woman doesn't care. At all. She is nice in person but isn't a phone person.. unfortunate seeing 1/2 of her job is to answer the phone. She can probably construe that there was something wrong with my baby if I am trying to conceive again. Honestly, she probably would have remembered me by the timeline anyway, and she would have seen it when she pulls my file. I guess I am still in the "wants to tell everyone that Blue Sunday was here and mattered" part.

Anyway... wanted to update while I waaaaaiiiiiittttttt for a call back. Anxious; not really sure why.

I'll leave you with this throw-back:

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
Eminem, Lose Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment