Saturday, July 6, 2013

14 Week Update

I think I'm going to do an official pregnancy update every 2 weeks or so. If you're pregnancy sensitive, please feel free to skip. The usual repertoire of baby loss angst and pregnancy fears will be here otherwise, but once in a while I just want to be a regular regnant lady.

How far along: 14 weeks and one day.
Baby is the size of a: Lemon, according to the baby books. Baby was 6.2cm (just under 2.5 inches) at my appointment about a week and a half ago. This week the baby should be about 3.5 inches. Growing so quickly!
 
Total weight gain: None. I lost between 7 and 11 pounds in the first trimester. (The 11 pound weight-loss was only seen once, I think it was just an off day on the scale, -7 was pretty consistent, so I'm using the bench mark). Since then, no gain, no loss. Been holding steady for 3 weeks or so.
 
Maternity clothes: In pants, yes. Maternity tops aren't necessary, but my tighter pre-pregnancy work tops are in the back of the closet for the duration of pregnancy and recovery. I have been wearing maternity dresses mostly for comfort and coolness. It is H-O-T here.

 
Stretch marks: No, fingers crossed it stays that way (but I'm not holding my breath)
 
Sleep: Sleeping well, and need less than in the first trimester, which is nice.
 
Best moment of this week: Finally eating like a normal human- I only threw up one this week! (But it was yesterday :( )
 
Miss anything: Beer, wine, liqueur..... I just gave away a really good bottle of champagne since I knew I wouldn't be drinking it for ages. 
 
Movement: Not yet, but I'm anticipating a little something sooner rather than later.
 
Food cravings: Not really, though I eat A LOT of cheese.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, it's just kind of random waves of sickness on occasion.
 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, hub, my close friends and I can certainly notice. My boss told me I looked pregnant the other day!
 
Sex: Don't know and not finding out. We already turned down the first opportunity to find out the sex and will continue to do so.
 
Labor signs: Not until at least 37 weeks please.
 
Belly button in or out: In,but I admit to measuring it's depth with my pinky finger. It is deep, but not as deep as it was a few weeks ago.
 
Wedding rings on or off: On, I really hope they remain so.
 
Happy or moody most of the time: I'm happy, and getting less and less nervous. (Touch wood)
 
Looking forward to: Appointment on Tuesday, hopefully we'll schedule the anatomy scan then and I can begin the countdown to that milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment