Thursday, July 16, 2015

IVF #1 D9: Never the Way I Planned

I had my second scan this morning it was was pretty dismal.

5 follicles, with one of those lagging behind. The largest is 17, the smallest 8.5.

This is all from the woman doing the scan, not the nurse, but I trust the scan people more than the nurse at this point. I was told 4-8 on Monday afternoon (after being told 4 at the scan) 4-8 my ASS.

I feel like this was so much effort for just a few more follicles more than I had my first round of clomid. They assume a 50% decrease in eggs between retrieval and post-biopsy freeze. At this point I am really questing doing the PGD.

4000$ for what will be at best 2-3 embryos seems insane. The vast majority of abnormal embryos won't implant, or won't develop past ~12 weeks. Is potential heartache worth 4000$? Only if I am in the situation of a late termination again.

A craps shoot.

Again.

Hub wants to continue with the PGD plan. I told him I'll talk to the nurse when they call and see what they say.

To be continued.

This was never the way I planned, not my intention
Katy Perry, I Kissed a Girl

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I know you wanted a much better outcome. I don't know what you have covered or what you can afford. Can you bank the embies you do get an do another fresh round and then do PGD on those? I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure of the logistics of the testing/ freezing (i.e. If we can bank and test later). Fortunately, fertility coverage is mandated in my state and I have good insurance in general. I've only paid a few hundred dollars at this point. I'd just hate to spend 4000$ and then lose some to the thaw.

    ReplyDelete